Kendall will be 5 months old tomorrow.She is still definitely a sweetheart...especially when she's awake. However naptime has been a little rough these past few months. It started going downhill about 2 months ago when she started rolling over, which ruined her ability to lay down and fall asleep. Things are a bit better now, but it's still a roller coaster. One day I'll lay her down to go to sleep and she'll refuse to go down quietly...making life miserable for me. And then the next day I'll lay her down (same routine, same time, same everything) and she'll lay down and go to sleep without a peep. Oh, it makes me frustrated and exhausted. I get nervous every time nap time rolls around.
But other than that she's a complete joy. She's got a ready smile for most people, and she loves to watch all the action taking place around her (that is, her sisters). I can tell she's getting ready to jump right in!
She's eating cereal now and regularly sleeping through the night (although, now that I typed that, I'm sure she'll be up tonight!). She's rolling both directions and is getting toys to her mouth, but not quite able to keep them there for long periods of time. And, she's starting to try to use her voice to communicate (other than crying, I mean). If I'm not looking at her, she'll stare at me and give a "huh" (or something like that....I'm not very good at spelling sounds) until I look her direction. Then she'll break into a huge smile. I love it. And, she's definitely Mama's girl right now. Pretty much wanting me all the time...which gets a bit tiring, but I have to admit that it makes me feel special, especially since I think Daddy's the top pick right now of the other two girls.
Anyway, there's a brief update of our baby girl. It's so crazy to think that we've only had her for 5 months. It really just seems like she's always been a part of our family. Funny how that goes.

3 comments:
I really understand that nervousness at naptime. I feel the same thing some days. Why can't babies be more consistent?? :) Kendall is a doll--I love the picture!
What a doll:)
OH. MY. GOODNESS. That is the cutest picture I have ever seen! She is such a doll! Glad to get some Iowa scoop! Missing you guys like CRAZY!
Post a Comment