Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sweet 7!!

Happy Birthday, Jaclyn!
She turned SEVEN yesterday! Wow. So, with the huge blizzard going on outside, we were celebrating inside. (It was kinda nice, 'cause she got out of school early, and Craig's basketball game was cancelled, allowing us to celebrate more.)
Here she is decorating the treats she took to her class.




Her big gift this year was a new bike. I was watching her ride it yesterday, and it's actually a big, grown up bike! She kinda looks small on it, but she manages it well.








So, here are some things about her right now:
*Loves to read - She's into the Rainbow Fairies books right now, going through them very quickly. Today she read a whole book in an hour!
*Loves to pretend she's performing - She and Ashlyn will both turn on music and dance or sing "on stage". She also loves putting on little pretend plays.
*She's a great big sister - She does very well taking care of Kendall (and sometimes Ashlyn). Although this sometimes depends on her mood. :)
*Still very friendly - totally the social butterfly. Life's not worth living if you can't spend it with friends!
*Still very expressive - get's very excited and talks dramatically...or cries dramatically.
*A great learner - loves school and soaks up information
I could go on and on, but that's a little bit of her. She is a delight and a true gift from God. I can't help but wonder, "What will the next 7 years bring?" She would be 14!!...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!! I am smiling to myself at your comment that she likes to perform, put on plays and dance and sing-that's exactly what you and I used to do, and those are some of my favorite memories of our childhood together!