"My prayer is not that you take them out of the world, but that you protect them from the evil one." John 17:15
I came across this verse today, and I think I'm going to use it as a daily prayer for my girls...probably for the rest of their lives! I've been feeling a lot of fear and uncertainty about raising my girls lately. The knowledge of what they will face as they grow up in such an ungodly world can overwhelm me at times. Praise God that He has overcome the world! I know I don't need to fear, but I definitely need daily reminders that God loves my children more than I do, and that He is in control of their lives.
Some good books I've come across lately that I have either enjoyed reading or am looking forward to reading, and I recommend:
Raising a Daughter After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George
Six Ways to Keep the "Little" in Your Girl by Dannah Gresh
8 Great Dates for Moms & Daughters by Dannah Gresh

No comments:
Post a Comment