Yep, you read that right. We've decided to discontinue homeschooling (for now...I never want to say that we won't go back to anything! I for sure do not know what's in store for us!)
While there are so many positive things about homeschooling ( I actually wanted it to work out for my family 'cause, in theory, it really seemed like a great way to go) it just wasn't the right, long-term option for us. I guess the combination of our social personalities and mom's high ambition kinda got the best of us. :)
So, I decided to check out a little (and I mean little) Christian school in Coralville, Hillside Christian School. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I kinda liked it. It was a great atmosphere and a safe place for my kids to be themselves, learn from others and make friends! So, we enrolled and have been there now for maybe 4 weeks or so.
The girls are really enjoying it. They have made some great friends and are really enjoying all that the school offers. I can't say for sure where our schooling journey will continue to take us, but for now, it's a great place to be.
Here are a few first day pictures:

No comments:
Post a Comment