I can remember when Ashlyn was 2. I would pray and pray and pray that God would protect her and just keep her alive! She was so fast and just ran and jumped off of everything. There were some days the odds seemed completely against us that she would survive her toddler and preschool years. Thank goodness God was looking out for her, and here she is now, age 7! Still full of life and activity, but a little more under control. :)
We celebrated her birthday in March, so here are some pictures to share:
Celebrating with her friends at Hillside. She also chose the loud and crazy version of the song.
She wanted a gingerbread man theme for her birthday this year, so we did the best we could to find gingerbread man stuff in March!
We had a great party at home with friends. Her guests were: Paige Safly, Erinn and Aimee Varga, Lydia and Elise Hunter and Abigail O'Rear.
Ashlyn is so blessed with creativity. My hope is that she will some day value the gift that she has and use it for God's glory. I love to see her writing stories and songs. All too often I have to tell her to quit making up songs and practice the songs in her book. I always feel a tinge of guilt for that...I would love to let her create her own songs all the time, but I guess there's good in learning the method too! Hopefully when there's time for her to create, she will still want to do it.
Here is a song that she is currently writing. The notes don't perfectly line up with what she's playing, but I still think it's very good! And, when she plays it, it sounds great! It's called "Snow Blizzard".
I love you, Ashlyn!


No comments:
Post a Comment