Sunday, February 3, 2008

Jaclyn's 4th Birthday

Jaclyn turned 4 on Friday, and we had a whole week of celebrations and preparations! She's been asking to go ice skating, so we took her on Tuesday night. Unfortunately Mom is a terrible ice skater! We stayed pretty close to the wall, and she kept asking me if we could go to the middle, but I was sure we would both end up on the ground!

I think the Lord sent us this man as a blessing. He came over and gave Jaclyn some ice skating instructions and then took her and skated her around the rink. She loved it! Our theme for the birthday party was 'ice skating', so we created snowflakes to decorate our house with. Jaclyn loved cutting them and opening them to see the surprise design!

And, of course, she wanted to help make the cake!



She had 8 little friends over for her birthday party on Friday. Here they are pretending they're cold! We had fun "ice skating" in the kitchen.


3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

That is SO adorable that the girls pretended they were cold! i LOVED the ice-skate cake - you are TOO good:) Everyone looks so happy & healthy - I miss you & hope that you are all well! Thanks for the update!

The Grady Five said...

Great pictures - I love the cake - you did an awesome job!!

Addison had a great time!!

Can you believe we have 4 year old girls ... seems like yesterday I was at your baby shower for Jaclyn!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb,
You are so creative. What a fun party and cute girls. Sorry I missed your birthday. I hope you had a great one! Becky