This is completely unbelievable! A record breaking winter has turned into a record breaking spring! Our Iowa City/Coralville area is experiencing the worst flood that anyone in modern history has seen or recorded. Parts of Cedar Rapids (a neighboring city) is completely under water - I'm talking whole buildings, under water! Amazing! Here are a few pictures, but the water is still rising in Iowa City and is not going to crest for another 3 days, so it's going to get much worse. Many around here remember the floods of '93, and this flood is estimated to be 5 feet above those records!
Here's a picture of Jaclyn, taken 2 years ago at one of our favorite places,
Here's a picture of Jaclyn, taken 2 years ago at one of our favorite places,
City Park, in Iowa City.
Here is that same park right now. You can see the top of the carousel sticking out of the water. This gives you a glimpse of how bad it is.
We went to the area on Tuesday, so it's much worse now, but here we are on the sidewalk of Dubuque St., the road that Craig takes into work. It was one of the first places to flood, and will be flooded for a long time.

2 comments:
I know I never comment but I wanted to say that these are great pictures--I hadn't seen much from that area. I have seen plenty where I am at. We are thankful to be water free at this point! Rikki
WOW!!! It is amazing to watch it unfold from here....I am so sympathetic & prayerful!!! I am also thinking of the long-term damage = BUGS for the rest of the summer.......
Post a Comment