We now have a 5 year old in the house! Jaclyn celebrated her 5th birthday last Sunday, Feb. 1st. (Yes, it's sad that I'm finally posting pictures a week later!) We celebrated the whole weekend and she had a blast.
She was very instrumental in deciding what cake she wanted this year. We decided on a princess doll cake, and she watched the online demo with me and then helped me make it (sort of). Here's our little baker.

She was very instrumental in deciding what cake she wanted this year. We decided on a princess doll cake, and she watched the online demo with me and then helped me make it (sort of). Here's our little baker.
Our princess and her cake
We invited some of her friends over for a princess party. Here's Jaclyn with Ella, Aubrey, Kalin, Abigail and Hannah. This was definitely the first party we've had that was actually under control! The girls followed directions and sat so nicely. 5 must be the magic number!
So the party was on Saturday, but then we celebrated her actual birthday on Sunday with family. Grandma drove over from Des Moines and Aunt Jill spent the day with us. It was a special day.
And then on Monday, I went to her classroom and had lunch with her and brought treats for the class. I also got to spend the rest of the school day with her, so that was fun for both of us. She got a special birthday crown!
The song I have playing on this blog is a song that Christy Nockels (from Watermark) wrote for her daughter. Here's a part of it that I especially like:
"To mother a daughter, to look you in the eye,
To know that I had everything to walk with you in life.
To give you to Jesus, that He would impart,
The wisdom that I'm longing for to mother your heart."

3 comments:
Happy 5th Birthday, Jaclyn!! Amazing - your cake was beautiful!! My cake baking friend, Denise, tried to get me to make that princess cake for Mya's birthday. I was afraid, I'll admit!! And I REALLY wanted polka dots - but I guess her dress could have been polka dotted? Maybe next year!!!
Looks like a fun party!
Happy Birthday Jaclyn! It looks like your party was so much fun! You and Mommy did a beautiful job on your cake!
I miss you!
Alayna
So sweet, Deb! I think she's looking more like you as a little girl...remember, she is the exact age you we were when we met...isn't that interesting? Happy 5 years of motherhood!
Post a Comment