Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fantastic 40!

Well, this morning at 10 AM when I drove to the bank it was 1 degree, BUT I can handle it a bit better since we had one day of 40 degree weather! Can you believe it! Thank you, Lord! So, the girls and I took advantage of the awesome weather on Thursday and spent a good chunk of the afternoon outside.





Below is Jaclyn with her neighbor friend, Emma. They had a lot of fun going back into the "woods" behind our house, and they built a large nest with the twiggs.

Ashlyn had a lot of fun playing in the snow this time too. Usually it's too cold, so she comes in after 5 minutes, but today she lasted the whole time! Her favorite thing to do was to pick up snow in her shovel and throw it onto Mommy. What fun!












And, she got quite a kick out of jumping up and landing on her knees in the snow. That's a typical Ashlyn move.
So, now we're back in the house because it's too cold to venture out, but we were thankful for the brief blast of warm air!

4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Gotta love the blessing of a beautiful day!!!

Prachar family said...

Oh, there is so much snow! I can't believe the icy blast you all have endured this winter. Love the pictures of all your fun!

sweetander said...

It's pretty sad when we're excited about 40 degrees. Oh well...we'll take it and enjoy it:)

Michelle said...

Since I'm in California, this post is hilarious to me!! Is it fun to be raising your girls in a place where it snows, since you and I did not grow up that way?