I thought I would share this little video with you all for 2 purposes:First of all, I'm very excited about this new little devotional book that we're doing. I've been attending a parenting class at our church and they recommended this book, so I picked it up and we've been working on it at home. It's called My ABC Bible Verses by Susan Hunt and it is a great Bible memory book for little kids! It's been very helpful in giving me verses to remind them of throughout the day when they're arguing, disobeying, etc. In those difficult times, I can ask them to recite an appropriate verse and it helps to calm the situation and motivate them to obey. Very helpful! I am recommending it to all of you!
So, I thought I would shoot some video of Ashlyn saying the verses that we've learned so far in this book. But, as I was shooting, she would not stay still! So, I thought I would put the video on this blog to show you how antsy she is right now! This girl has trouble sitting still, and it tends to drive me crazy! (Can anyone out there relate?!) However, I think it's worse right now than normal because she's on antibiotics for an ear infection (which, by the way, she got only 1 month after her tubes fell out!). Anyway, I really think that antibiotics make her unable to control herself and extra naughty! This is the 3rd time now that I have noticed her being extra active while on drugs. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyway, she's almost done with the medicine, so she should soon go back to her normal, active, but mostly controlled, self. Anyway, if you'd like to, please watch this not so great footage of Ashlyn reciting her Bible verses while I'm trying hard to keep the camera on her as she moves around. Kinda funny. (Remember to pause the music at the bottom of this site.)

5 comments:
That is so great! I love what they can do at this age. Paige is the exact same way. She has ants in her pants all the time. She ran around the park chasing birds tonight. I highly recommend it.
Very sweet video. The antsy thing can be very irritating to me, too; my 4 year old is particularly antsy, without antibiotics; he just has a lot of energy.
What a great video! I will have to check out this book. Thanks!
Umm, I can relate to the not sitting still (who can't?) haha. I will have to check this book out in the next year or so!!
I can't believe this is the same little one that used to cuddle with me in MOPPETS. She is so grown up now! Wish I had known about that book years ago.
Post a Comment