Friday, February 19, 2010

I didn't think she was that sensitive...

I've always thought that Jaclyn was the more sensitive girl. She was my "touchy" baby, and the one that often tears up. So maybe since Ashlyn didn't cry as often, I thought that maybe she wasn't quite as emotional.
I'm beginning to wonder...
Ashlyn loves the movie Peter Pan, so when Peter Pan: Return to Neverland came on t.v., we recorded it and were excited to watch it. However, I've come to realize that this movie is geared toward more mature audiences (just older kids, I guess), so it's a bit more scary, but also quite sad. There is one part in the movie where Tinkerbell almost dies, and the way they have the scene set up with the music playing, etc., it is very sad. As an adult, I was moved by it. So, here we all are, watching this scene, and all of a sudden Ashlyn lets out this very, very sad cry. And she continued to cry for a long time. It really made her sad that Tinkerbell was dying, and she just couldn't contain it! That was a while back, and now every time she watches that movie, she cries all over again (this picture is from yesterday). Sweet girl.

I think the difference in the two girls is that Jaclyn has a more dramatic cry. She probably cries more often, and it's usually a big uproar and goes on and on (sometimes over-dramatically) for a long time. However, when Ashlyn genuinely cries, it's a softer cry. She'll often put her head down and quietly sob, as if she's trying to hold it all in, but just can't. It breaks my heart, and makes me want to hold her and smother her with kisses.

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Awww! Poor girl! I always appreciate it a little more when it's genuine (even though it's heartbreaking!)

I loved catching up a bit on your blog - I can't believe how tall Jaclyn is & how grown up she looks holding Kendall! She is growing up so fast!!