Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Graduation Day


Our first family graduation!
Jaclyn graduated from Kindergarten last night. It was such a sweet little ceremony and Jaclyn just beamed with excitement. I was very proud of her as they sang their songs and recited some very long passages from the Bible. They all did a great job.
One special moment for Jaclyn came at the end when she led everyone in the closing prayer. She walked up to the mic with confidence and prayed so sweetly. We had practiced at home exactly what she was going to say, but it turned out that when she started praying, she got a little off track at the beginning. Of course, I got a little nervous because I knew she was not saying what we had rehearsed, but it didn't seem to phase her. She just started ad-libbing and praying from her heart, and it was a very sweet prayer. I was very proud of her for not getting flustered.

Each student earned a special award based on different character qualities, and Jaclyn was presented with the award for Confidence.








No comments: