Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Kendall!

My sweet baby is 2!

Her birthday was on Oct. 21st, and we had a fun little celebration.


She loved blowing out the candles and got very excited with people singing to her. It was sweet. She also did really great with opening presents. She enjoyed unwrapping them and seeing what was inside.










So, let's see, what are some details about her...

*She is really starting to talk. She doesn't have a lot of words yet, but she babbles on and on as if I could understand everything she's saying. Some of her words are Mama, Dada, ball, blue, baby, ni-night, and her most recent favorite one is MINE. :)

*She loves her sisters. In fact, when she gets in trouble they will run to her and she will go to them for comfort. There's good and bad to that, but for now, it's pretty cute. (Although the older ones are getting a lot of instruction on how not to baby her when she's in trouble. Hasn't totally caught on yet...)

*She wants to be big! She follows her sisters and tries to do many things that they are doing. It's so sweet to see her toddling behind them, curls bouncing, trying to keep up with them. Oh, and she doesn't really walk, it's kinda like a bouncy run...I can't totally explain it, but it's soooo cute!

*She likes to "do school" with us. The other day she sat at the table, scribbled in a booklet, and then brought it to me. I looked at it and said, "Good job," and then I turned the page and said, "Now, can you do this page?" and she toddled back to the table to do her "assignment". And, another time, I was quizzing Jaclyn on her math facts with flash cards, and Kendall pushed Jaclyn out of the way, sat down, and started saying the answers, "a, e, i, e, a..." It was very cute. Doesn't matter that she was saying letters instead of numbers, it still made us all giggle.
She also sits with us when the kids are reciting memory verses and tries to do the motions with them. She's definitely watching and picking up what they do.

*She still LOVES her milk. In fact, some days that's about all she has to eat.
*Definitely has a mind of her own. She can be pretty ornery and throws many fits, but she's different from the others. Her fits are sometimes silent where she just gets in a little ball on the ground, but you can clearly tell she's mad. Other times she'll yell for a while and squeeze my arm, and then be done and walk away. I know I shouldn't laugh at her, but I do, cause it's just too cute. (Don't worry...I also take it seriously, so I don't think I'm giving her the message that it's o.k. to do this. I'm just far more relaxed about things this time around. That's the beauty of the third.)


Kendall is a delight. She brings so much additional joy to our family, and we are so thankful to the Lord for giving us a third, healthy girl.

We love you, Kendall!

No comments: