Happy first day of School!! We started a bit early (Thursday, Aug. 9th), but that's the beauty of homeschooling...you make up your own schedule! We were ready, Craig was at volleyball practice all day, so why not go ahead and start! Plus, we do better on a routine and summer was starting to get to us.
(Can you tell the sun was shining brightly in the picture below? Sorry, girls.)
(Can you tell the sun was shining brightly in the picture below? Sorry, girls.)
Ashlyn is in 1st grade this year. It will be interesting to see how she does with school this year. I'm hoping she can work a bit more independently, and I think she's off to a good start (at least what I've seen from the first two days).
Jaclyn is in 3rd grade this year. I've already noticed a jump in expectations for her within her curricula. More problems to do and smaller print! But that's o.k., she can handle it!
And Kendall is still 2! She's such a joy, but some days she makes schooling hard. She so much wants to be involved in school, so I'm trying to help her by getting ready some "schoolwork" that she can do. Problem is, she still needs help with a lot of it and she's done in 3 minutes, so it hasn't yet worked out quite like I'd hoped. That's o.k., we've only had 2 days. Hopefully we'll see improvement.
Homeschooling is certainly an adventure! Some days are great and some days are hard, but I've no doubt that this is the plan that God has for us right now. I'm looking forward to the year and what all of us will learn in the process.


No comments:
Post a Comment