Sunday, March 8, 2009

Little Weekend Getaway

We had the chance this weekend to meet my sister and 2 of her kids in Des Moines, so it was fun to have a little getaway. Craig had a coaching clinic, so the girls and I met up with my sister for some shopping and fun at the park.
It's hard at times to live far from family. I often feel like we miss out on birthdays and just the daily things that accompany life. But, I know that this is where God wants us for now, and I'm thankful for the times that we can be together.

3 comments:

The Novotny News said...

What a beautiful weekend! I hear ya about being so far away from family(and my friends)!! When we meet up with my brothers I always feel like my niece and nephew have changed so much but need to appreicate the time I have with them!! Take care and hope all is well. Can't wait until June!!! The time is going by so fast!!

Prachar family said...

Glad you got to see family! I about had a heart attack when I saw the sand thinking you came to Florida and didn't tell me! Hope we can chat soon!

Marner Family said...

I had to smile at your comment about living away from family. I am sure that is how my brother feels living in Atlanda GA. But you know, sometimes I think it would be nice to just now what it is like to root ourselves without all our family around. Yes, it would really be tough, but I think how much more we could grow too. Though God has us here with our family just like he has you here away from yours right now. Plus, am moment of selfishness, I love having you here, even though I miss being involved in MOPS and doing more with you. We still need to have you and the family down for dinner sometime. -b