Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our Christmas


Merry Christmas everyone! I hope it was filled with laughter and meaning for all of you. Ours was great, but a little busy this year. We headed down to Kansas City again this year to be with my family, so we did our own little Christmas at home before we left. It felt a little rushed since we fit it in between Craig's volleyball practice and my preparations for the trip, but the girls still enjoyed it. I keep hoping that one of these years we can start making some traditions of our own at home to make the day extra special, but I never seem to have time to plan any extra little fun things, so we just end up opening presents and then rushing out of town. One of these years I'll figure something out.
Christmas 09
We had a great time with my family and all the cousins! The girls just played and played and played! We also had time for a family music recital (all the kids played their instruments) and Nana's annual Christmas story.









On Christmas day we had a blizzard hit the entire midwest, so we ended up staying in Kansas City for one extra day. The drive home was slower than usual, but we made it safely home on the Saturday after Christmas. Then, on that Sunday, I got the call that my grandfather had passed away. He had celebrated his 90th birthday in October and was really struggling, so it is a blessing that he is now in Heaven, fully healed. So, that Tuesday we packed up the van again and returned to Kansas City for the funeral. I was more concerned about the 2nd trip since the girls (especially Kendall) were still tired from the first trip, but they all did very well. Kendall did especially well, which was so great since I was busy with family (AND I got a stomach virus, so I was throwing up the day of the funeral!). It was pretty crazy, but we made it and enjoyed being with family to say goodbye to my grandfather.

Here's my dear Papa, 3 years ago with Ashlyn.

We love you, Papa.

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

So sorry for the loss of your papa. So glad for the assurance of his salvation! Hope you are feeling well now, wow, making that trip back to back! They are growing so much! Alayna says hi!