Tuesday, September 21, 2010

11 months!


She's growing up fast.
Usually I'm a bit anxious for my kids to get a bit older. Not this time.
I guess it's because she's the last one, but it's going by way too quickly.

Our little Kendall is 11 months old today. She is such a delight and brings joy to my soul. Don't get me wrong, my other girls do too, but there's just something about the smile of a baby. Her delight bursts out of her through her little legs that kick with excitement as I pick her up. And even though she's not talking yet, she babbles with glee as if there's so much to say that she just can't contain it. Lately, she has discovered the joy of ice cream. She will sit there and squack at me until I hold up the spoon for her. Then, rather than opening her mouth right away, she'll get so excited and "talk" and bounce up and down for about 20 seconds because she's so thrilled that she gets some. It is the cutest thing, and I am overwhelmed with love.

And now she's playing peek-a-boo with the towel, and my heart melts all over again. I'm pretty sure she's saying Ma-ma, and she's starting to gain her balance. (Not quite standing alone yet, but I think we're getting close.) This is a wonderful age, and I am so excited to see her little personality emerge more and more.
We love you, Kendall!

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

So cute! Alayna has a message for the girls, she is sitting by me as I read through blog today:
I hope that you have a very fun time with your sister! I hope you are having fun today, this Sunday! I miss you! I hope soon we could see you, just in next month!