Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm It!


O.k., so I've been "tagged" by Sara and this is my first time, so I guess I just fill in these answers and then tag others, right? Very fun!!! Who needs a nap...I'll do this instead. :)


* I am - a mommy. There is no higher calling.

* I want - to go on a fun vacation with my girls this summer....now that they're older and more flexible.

* I have - been blessed by God. He's given me a wonderful husband and two adorable little girls...and many extras in life that I don't need, but enjoy.

* I wish - that warm weather would get here to stay!

* I hate - spiders!!! (Jaclyn threw a big, fake one on me the other day and I flipped out! So much for not spreading my fear on to my girls.)

* I miss - my family in Kansas City. It makes me sad that my girls are not growing up near their cousins.

* I fear - that my girls will not accept Christ as their personal Saviors. But, I pray often, and I must trust the Lord to claim them for Him.

* I feel - kinda tired at the moment...with the thought of cleaning my house and making some meals looming over my head a bit. (I'm definitely procrastinating today!)

* I hear - my daughter, Ashlyn, playing happily behind me with a Leap Frog karaoke machine.

* I smell - hmmmm...possibly a poopy diaper. I'll send her up to Daddy.

* I crave - another massage...one per day would be nice.

* I search - for contentment. Even though I love being a mommy and I have everything I need, I often find myself falling into the trap of being discontent...of longing for more success, fulfillment, appreciation, or money. Lord, help me to give thanks in all circumstances for this is Your will for me.

* I wonder - what my life would be like if I had pursued a different career...which leads me to the discontentment trap that was just discussed.

* I regret - not spending as much individual time with Ashlyn as I could with Jaclyn (I'm working on it).

* I love - God, my husband, and my kids.

* I ache - in my heart after I lose my patience with my girls.

* I care - about my church and the various ministries I'm involved in.

* I always - check the doors and windows to see if they're locked before I go to bed.

* I believe - in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ and choose to serve Him with my life.

* I dance - terribly. I've got rhythm, but not the moves.

* I sing - a lot! I miss singing on the worship team at church...hopefully I'll get back into it sometime.

* I cry - when I think of my girls getting hurt or lost...or worse.

* I don't always - react how I should or think before I speak. I tend to overreact when I'm frustrated or very disappointed.

* I fight - for what I think is right (and hopefully God-honoring).

* I write - posts on my blog!

* I never - jump in a pool without testing the water first.

* I listen - to Go Fish CDs and Strawberry Shortcake movies in my van a lot.

* I need - better health insurance that's affordable.

* I am happy - to have friends who care enough about me to read all this!


So, I tag all the people who I know that have blogs (not very many): Kristi, Athena, Erin, Travis, and Abby. I know this takes a while, but hopefully they'll all participate...it's worth it!

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

so beautiful!! You have such a heart for Jesus; I'm glad that you participated; it was fun, wasn't it?!?! Big Hugs!

Vicki said...

enjoyed learning a little more about you here Deb!