Monday, August 18, 2008

Here we go...


Our family entered the "school age" today...the first of many, many years. :) Jaclyn had her first day of Pre-Kindergarten at Heritage Christian School, where she'll go 3 days a week. It was very exciting! She was in our room at 6:30 A.M., with her school clothes on, ready to go. She did not want to be late!



Her backpack looks almost as big as she is!
She was a little nervous when she saw all the parents around, but when they got in line and went to their classroom she got excited again.


Here she is at her table, at the front of the classroom on the left.

I have to admit, I did shed a little tear. Seeing her sitting at her table like a big girl, and me walking out the door...that was a little tough! What a special memory and a milestone.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, congratulations! Huge milestone! I can totally understand the tears...it's such a precious moment of letting go. But don't worry, she's still your little girl! :-)

Prachar family said...

Thanks for the pictures so quickly!! What fun to see her in her class. Thanks most of all for your encouraging words today!
Love you,
Travis

The Novotny News said...

What cute pictures. I can't believe how fast time flies. I feel like I just met you guys at the mall play area!!
Thanks for always keeping your blog updated. It always puts a smile on my face(and Lucy's too). We are missing you guys like crazy and are anxious to see you at Christmas.
Give Jaclyn and Ashlyn a hug and we will talk soon. Love you guys--Molly

Football and Fried Rice said...

Aww..I LOVE first day of school pictures!! And it looks like she had buddies in her class; that always makes it more fun :)

Anonymous said...

How cute! You got great pictures. Thanks for calling me! It was so fun to talk to you. Your girls are adorable.