(This song may be played by scrolling down to the very bottom and pushing play on the playlist.)
Hey everyone! Listen to this song! It is In My Arms by Plumb, and I had heard it on the radio before, but I hadn't stopped to listen to the words before today. I was folding clothes, so nothing else to do but listen to the songs, and when I heard it, I started tearing up! It's my new favorite song.
It just hits home to a mom, I guess. Our little ones are so innocent and full of life, that it just breaks our hearts at times to think of what hardships could be in store for them.
Maybe it's the whole starting school thing...I told a friend that now that Jaclyn's in school, I feel that I have less control of what is influencing her, and what she'll be introduced to. She's coming home with a few different expressions and attitudes, and I just want to say, "Wait! I didn't know you'd start to change!" This song talks about how our little ones are safe in our arms, but it also has a deeper meaning. I want more than anything to protect my girls and keep them safe in my arms...but the truth is, they're not. The only arms they are safe in are those of our heavenly Father.
It scares me to think of what they will be exposed to in the many years to come, but one thing is true, they are only safe in the arms of God and I have to give them to Him. Praise God for His sovereignty!

2 comments:
It's so funny, because I ALWAYS listen to the lyrics first. ALWAYS! And I've always been that way. Do you remember me correcting you if I thought you had the lyrics wrong when we were kids? This song is very sweet, and full of tension, and you're right, parenting is really about slowly letting go...
I love this song too! They will be at Convention next month, YEAH!
Here we come!
Travis
Post a Comment