Well, I would prefer not to do this post, but I guess I'll try to be a good sport. :) It's been fun & interesting to read everyone else's. Thanks, Beryl, for the tag. Here we go...
5 Things I Hate to Admit
1. I am not a morning person by nature, so I tend to sleep when I should be getting up in the morning and doing good things like exercising, having devotions with my kids at the breakfast table (actually just getting them breakfast!), and kissing my husband goodbye. On a preferred morning, Pitch is up with the kids (he actually is a morning person, thank you, Lord!) and he comes in to kiss me goodbye when he leaves at 7:30. The really bad part is that I get up, check on the girls, and then if they're o.k., I try to snooze a bit longer! It's getting kinda nice the older they get... (Yes, I know I'm setting a bad example for my daughters....I have guilt over every one of these confessions.)
2. I get very mad/emotional when something of mine gets damaged or lost...even if I'm the one who did it. As a teenager one time I spilled my communion cup (grape juice) on my Bible while it was open for communion. I cried and cried because my Bible was "ruined". Another time my husband dried something of mine and it shrunk so that I could no longer wear it. And, yes, I cried miserably and, of course, had to call him in the middle of his work day to let him know how he had ruined my life. (And I wonder why I have a 4 year old daughter that tends to overreact!)
3. My kids watch way too much t.v.
4. We eat out a lot (probably too much). Yes, it's a waste of money and my kids aren't always getting healthy food, but I really don't enjoy cooking that much, and I hate the time it takes to cook and clean up. If I have a bad day, I feel the need to eat out, and if I have a great day, I like to make it even better by...you guessed it, eating out! (Another bad example I'm setting for my daughters...they may not end up very domesticated.)
5. I want my husband to lose. (That is, I want his volleyball team to lose.) He is gone so much these days that I just want the season to be over. The more they win, the longer the season goes, so I'd prefer it if they didn't win. I want to see him succeed, but in my heart, I'd just rather have him home.
So, there you go. Now I get to spread this cheer even further! I tag Vicki, Stacey, and Becky B. Have fun girls!
5 Things I Hate to Admit
1. I am not a morning person by nature, so I tend to sleep when I should be getting up in the morning and doing good things like exercising, having devotions with my kids at the breakfast table (actually just getting them breakfast!), and kissing my husband goodbye. On a preferred morning, Pitch is up with the kids (he actually is a morning person, thank you, Lord!) and he comes in to kiss me goodbye when he leaves at 7:30. The really bad part is that I get up, check on the girls, and then if they're o.k., I try to snooze a bit longer! It's getting kinda nice the older they get... (Yes, I know I'm setting a bad example for my daughters....I have guilt over every one of these confessions.)
2. I get very mad/emotional when something of mine gets damaged or lost...even if I'm the one who did it. As a teenager one time I spilled my communion cup (grape juice) on my Bible while it was open for communion. I cried and cried because my Bible was "ruined". Another time my husband dried something of mine and it shrunk so that I could no longer wear it. And, yes, I cried miserably and, of course, had to call him in the middle of his work day to let him know how he had ruined my life. (And I wonder why I have a 4 year old daughter that tends to overreact!)
3. My kids watch way too much t.v.
4. We eat out a lot (probably too much). Yes, it's a waste of money and my kids aren't always getting healthy food, but I really don't enjoy cooking that much, and I hate the time it takes to cook and clean up. If I have a bad day, I feel the need to eat out, and if I have a great day, I like to make it even better by...you guessed it, eating out! (Another bad example I'm setting for my daughters...they may not end up very domesticated.)
5. I want my husband to lose. (That is, I want his volleyball team to lose.) He is gone so much these days that I just want the season to be over. The more they win, the longer the season goes, so I'd prefer it if they didn't win. I want to see him succeed, but in my heart, I'd just rather have him home.
So, there you go. Now I get to spread this cheer even further! I tag Vicki, Stacey, and Becky B. Have fun girls!

4 comments:
I hear ya on the sleeping in too late! It's becoming such a good habit though! Nick has been taking Lucy to school so then I can sleep even longer:)
Way to be a sport!
~Molly
LOVE the transparency!!! Especially the one about your stuff getting damaged. Thanks for the good laugh!
Thanks for sharing! I finally finished my post, although it isn't as funny as yours! I love it too when the kids get up before Matt leaves and I get to sneak in a few extra minutes!!
Sorry to Tag you on something like this! Hope you can forgive me.
My kids do watch to much TV, but usually we watch a lot of Food Network so maybe my kids can learn to cook meals for you!. We should exchange meals sometime ... Or, we could have you all over for supper and it would be cheaper than eating out other than the cost of gas. -b
Post a Comment