Monday, December 8, 2008

Funny Things She's Done

It seems like every day there's something new that my girls say or do that makes me chuckle. They are so imaginative at this age, and I love it.

Today, Jaclyn found some extra wrapping paper. Immediately her eyes lit up as she grabbed the tape and ran upstairs to wrap the perfect present for someone special. I gladly let her go because I knew it would spark her imagination and keep her busy for about 20 minutes. A little while later she came down with a very special present for Ashlyn. (I'm sure it was a box full of random things from her room that will now not be seen until Christmas. Hopefully it's not anything important!) But, she was so excited as she showed it to me and then proudly placed it under our tree.





And then, last week Jaclyn was playing nicely on her own, when out of the blue she says, "Look, Mom, I'm a pastor."
(She's playing with a microphone headset that up until now has been used to take orders at "McDonald's". Our pastor wears a very tiny one that is not very noticeable, so she must be paying closer attention than I thought!)
At least she didn't say, "Look, Mom, I'm Brittney Spears."

4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

I got a good chuckle out of this; especially considering Brooks made mention of Britney when he first got HIS headset! HA!

Prachar family said...

I thought a Britney story was coming too! How sweet she's a pastor instead! I remember Brooks' remark about Britney when he got the first headset too!

Michelle said...

Yeah, that's funny!

sweetander said...

That is soooo cute! Did you forward it onto Brooks and Paul??