Tonight we are getting an ice storm, and although at times I get annoyed with winter (especially come Feb & March), I also realize that with winter comes dark, quiet evenings at home, just with the family. As I was laying on the couch, watching my girls, I knew that some day, when I look back and remember, that nights like this one will be what I recall as being the most special. Nights when we're all together, just hanging out and doing nothing but just being together.
After dinner we turned on some Christmas music (thanks, Kristan, for the awesome Casting Crowns Christmas CD!), and for a while we just laid on the couch listening to the music with the lights off while the girls pretended to be putting us to sleep. Then after about 45 minutes, that CD changed over to the Mercy Me Christmas CD (another awesome one), and with the more peppy music came a fun time of just dancing and being silly (what my girls do best!). It was so fun and so sweet.

2 comments:
Looks like our house! Hannah and Emma love to do the same thing.
How very sweet. I can't even begin to imagine an ice storm; are they scary? I bet it feels cozy to feel all warm and snuggly in your house.
Post a Comment