Monday, January 5, 2009

A Great Day

Thanks to everyone who made my birthday so much fun yesterday. It was a great day! My girls (especially Jaclyn) were so excited for my "surprise" birthday cake. I think in Jaclyn's mind she was keeping the secret, but she kept telling me things about where they were getting the cake from, but never actually said the word "cake". Doesn't matter to me, I was just happy to eat it! Yum, yum!

Here's the birthday card that my girls decorated for me. I wanted to share it because I was amazed that Ashlyn wrote "to mom" so clearly! (There's an arrow pointing to what she wrote.) This girl amazes me every day!

Jaclyn's picture of me is also pretty funny. I asked her if I was Mickey Mouse or if I just had big ears, and she said I just had big ears. Don't I look lovely?


And then I had a great evening out with friends! Thanks to all of you for so much fun! I always LOVE a night out, especially with you guys!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Well, Happy belated Birthday!! Fun surprise cake and girls night out! I love the picture Jaclyn drew of you - nice to know what they think of us, isn't it???

Marner Family said...

Happy Belated Birthday! The kids add to the fun each year ... -b

Michelle said...

Oh, by the way, I meant to say it earlier, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I was at the grocery store on January 4th, and I thought "OH, it's Deb's (Debbie's) birthday today!" and prayed for you. XOXO
I hope this year is your best year yet!