Well, "Bruiser", occasionally known as Ashlyn, has made another appearance. Poor, poor baby. We were going on a walk last night and Ashlyn was going full speed ahead on her little trike, when she hit a spot in the sidewalk that was raised up quite a bit. Of course, the trike stopped, but Ashlyn went over the top and landed mouth first on the cement. So, her nose, mouth, and chin are completely scraped up...but the worst part is her tooth.
She cracked one of her front teeth, and you should've seen the blood! So, we called Jeremy, a friend who is also a dentist, and he gave us some instructions and then saw her in his office this morning (even though it was closed for Labor Day...what a huge help he was!). The tooth is cracked all the way through, but it's still dangling there, so we go to a Pediatric Dentist in the morning, and they'll probably have to remove it. The only thing is that she's so young, so they can't remove the roots yet or else it might affect her adult tooth, so I'll have to let you know what they decide. She could be toothless for 4 years now...that'll really improve her speech! (She already has trouble pronouncing her words...in case some of you didn't know that.)
Here she is: (She was actually smiling in this picture)

5 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry that she had to experience that...and for you, too. I'll pray that she won't be in any pain, or as little as possible, and that the doctors will have wisdom.
Oh my goodness Deb!! That is too bad. If they pull her tooth then her and Lincoln can be toothless until their adult teeth come in. Lincoln always seems to have bruises on his head, chin, and face. There must be one in every family!! Anyway--good luck at the dentist and I will be thinking of you! I am laughing at how she was smiling in the picture! Love ya, Molly
OH MY GOODNESS!! I am just crying, that looks so painful. I can only imagine your feelings as her mom, picking her up and surveying the damage and finding the cracked tooth. I laughed through the tears at her smile though! Slow down sweet baby girl!! Praying for the doctors to know exactly what she needs and that she will not have to endure any more pain. We know the Peds dentists over at the U by the way!!!
Love and hugs to you all and a big squeeze for Ashlyn!
Travis
Oh No! Becky said she had talked to you yesterday and told me the story.... I think it's an inherited Anderson gene... I think that there are just children who are more prone to accidents....my two boys & Ashlyn are among those! Tell her that Uncle Bob and Aunt Sheri hopes that she gets all better soon! Keep us posted :) Love ya, Sheri
Man, this on the tail end of your "in my arms" post!! I love her smiling through the blood..poor little girl!
Post a Comment