Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter Woes

Since there are a few readers of this blog that are lucky enough to live in California and Florida, I thought I would share the frozen situation that we lucky Iowans found ourselves in last week. Thankfully it is now over (for the time being), but we were sooooo cold last week. One day, the low was negative 30!!! The high for that day didn't even get above 0 degrees! You guys are missing out. Why would you want to live somewhere where the weather is always perfect...how boring!
One nice thing about last week, was that Craig had a snow day on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! Kids couldn't even go to school, that's how cold it was. (Sigh) How long until Spring?

My lucky husband...going out to shovel, again.

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Oh, you are right, we are SO bored with this lovely weather down here! NOT! We have actually been given a new sympathy for you there with the cold front. We are expected to have a hard,damaging freeze here tonight. Before you cheer, remember the price of oranges and OJ will be affected!! It was 37 degrees today and I was asked to help out at the crosswalks at school this morning. I had 2 coats on and gloves!! My face was frozen...I can tell you are not feeling sympathetic...anyway, I have a new appreciation for what you all went through last week! Why don't you live here too????