I hope so.
It feels like Ashlyn has been sick with something since May. She would finish up a round of antibiotics and then 2 weeks later she would come down with something else. Today, I am finally hopeful that things might improve. Last week she had another ear infection, so I got her in to the ENT, and he basically said that we were done messing around. So, today, she got her 2nd batch of tubes in her ears and had her adnoids taken out. Evidently those adnoids are a comfy little place where bacteria likes to fester, so we are very hopeful that by removing those, she will be able to resist bacterial infections.
It feels like Ashlyn has been sick with something since May. She would finish up a round of antibiotics and then 2 weeks later she would come down with something else. Today, I am finally hopeful that things might improve. Last week she had another ear infection, so I got her in to the ENT, and he basically said that we were done messing around. So, today, she got her 2nd batch of tubes in her ears and had her adnoids taken out. Evidently those adnoids are a comfy little place where bacteria likes to fester, so we are very hopeful that by removing those, she will be able to resist bacterial infections.
She did a great job this morning. We had to be at the surgical center at 6:30, which was no problem for my child who doesn't sleep, and Ashlyn had fun entertaining the Drs and nurses and playing with all the toys until it was her time. The doctor said that she was pretty funny as they walked down to her surgical room (obviously she didn't know what she was in for!). He said she ran down the hall like a pinball, and then ran into the room and ran around the table a couple times. Sounds like my girl!
So, everything went very smoothly until afterward. It took a long time for her to recover from the anesthesia, and I was shooting myself for not having Craig there with me! Imagine a 9 months pregnant gal trying to hold down a very distraught and strong child who DOES NOT want to sit on my lap and who insists on pulling out the I.V., and keeps rolling around on the floor, getting tangled up in that cord. It was a mess, but thankfully she calmed down after a while, and then she let me hold her. For a long time I had to just let her lay on the floor. It was kinda funny, cause the nurse kept asking me if I wanted a warm blanket for her. Like that is going to magically calm her down! And, I saw another nurse slip something into her I.V., so maybe that helped her settle down a bit sooner, I don't know. Anyway, we made it through, and now she's acting very normal, singing and dancing around the house, after an afternoon of trying to take it easy and a short nap. Ashlyn just found the bag of Easter eggs in the closet, so now she and Jaclyn have filled them up with "candy" (i.e. Teddy Grahams and Fruit Loops) and are hiding them around the house. Another big mess, but it's keeping them happy after a long, tiring day.
A sweet surprise was that my mom sent her some flowers, a balloon and a teddy bear, so here she is with her little gift.
Another major thing marked off my list. Now I'm really ready to have this baby! 12 days to go!

2 comments:
only 12 more days????? Wow! You must be ready! I am so excited for you!
Bless her heart!! That does sound just like her! I can hardly wait for her to grow up...there are going to be so many stories about her!!! Glad she tolerated everything like a champ and is feeling well. So glad you have that off your plate and are ready for sweet precious #3!! Can't wait to find out what you are naming her! Praying for you!
Post a Comment