Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We have a baby girl!

Kendall Reese was born today!
8 lbs. 1/2 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long
After about 2 days of having strong contractions, I finally delivered! I was getting pretty frustrated because the contractions would be very strong, but stayed about 10 min. apart since Monday evening. Ugh!!! So, I've had 2 sleepless nights and long days, but we have finally made it. Last night at about 1 AM the contractions started getting really strong (but still only 8-10 minutes apart), so I waited through it, but then I decided to just go into the hospital anyway because they were so strong. So, at about 6 AM, we came in, and Kendall was born at 10:43. Hurray! She is a very sweet baby, and we've had a nice, restful day. I am so thankful for a healthy baby and a safe delivery!
Once I get home, I'll be able to post some pictures. Can't wait for you all to meet her!

12 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats!!! I was just thinking of you on my way to work this morning that this would be the day! Glad everything went well and I can't wait to meet her!

Rikki Kreger said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

MillerFam said...

I'm so happy for you, and you didn't have to be induced! Can't wait to meet her.

The Novotny News said...

CONGRATS!!! I can't wait for pictures. I'm glad everyone is happy and healthy! Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad she finally made it and that everything went smoothly! :) Can't wait to see pictures and meet her. :) Congratulations!!!

-Jennifer Jordan

Football and Fried Rice said...

Woop!Woop!! Welcome to the world, baby Kendall! I'll be down in a few weeks to meet your newest addition!

Alicia said...

Congratulations! I have a baby announcement ready for you to see, so let me know when you are home and ready for pictures :)

Vicki said...

Congratulations to your entire family!! I'm sure she's beautiful!

Prachar family said...

YEAH! Great news, sorry you had such a long labor! Love her name, can't wait to see her!

Emily said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see her!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad to hear the news! Congratulations! What a pretty name she has, too! Can't wait to see pictures! ;-)

Glenda said...

Congratulations! Where is the proud father? I will continue to pray for an easy transition with Kendall. Hope to see you soon!

Glenda