Saturday, September 27, 2008

Disney On Ice!

Our kids had their first Disney experience on Thursday night. We took them to Disney On Ice, and they LOVED it.
At first it was a little loud for them. Here's pictures of them both with their fingers in their ears! It didn't take long for them to get used to it though, and once all the characters came out, they were hooked.

The main theme of the show was the Incredibles, so Ashlyn kept asking for Mickey Mouse the whole time. She couldn't understand why he left!
We definitely loved the show, but I do wonder how the people in front of us felt. My girls are not quiet kids, so they were laughing and talking (very loudly) during the whole program, and Ashlyn doesn't sit still, so she kicked the boy in front of us in the head a couple times, and then a little while later she was singing her ABCs at the top of her lungs. I caught a few glances back to us. (Oops...he,he,he)

We were so lucky to have 2 open seats right next to us, so Kim and Abigail got to come sit with us. Yeah! That made the show even better.

We'll definitely be going back (of course, we're settling for this 'cause there's no way we're making it out to Florida any time soon....sorry, Travis.)

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

Awww, come on!! No hotel expenses...

Looks like they had a blast, and I would think that people might have expected there MAY be a couple kids at the program and that those kids MAY make some noise. Now the kicking in the head...you might have crossed the line with that one!!

Michelle said...

Oh, this made me laugh! I LOVE kids that are loud and kick other kids in the head at events like that...because it fills me with a sense of relief, since mine are that way, too! Love the story about Ashlyn singing the ABC's at the top of her lungs. SOOO funny!
And I have a funny Disney on Ice story to share...When Jeremy (2nd child)was a newborn, like maybe 2 months, our neighbor worked for the San Jose Arena, and he had free tickets to Disney on Ice, and we were desperate for a break or a date or something, so Derek's parents came over to babysit, and Derek and I went to Disney on Ice by ourselves...didn't even bring the 2 year old. It's just the headspace we were in.
And I'm sorry, Travis, but I totally understand where Deb is at about not coming to visit; it's SOOOOO HARD to go anywhere overnight with little ones!!! I'm still recovering from last weekend!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Well, we travel REALLY well - for now. LOL :)

Disney On Ice sounds like so much fun!!!!