First of all, we kicked off our MOPS year today. Yeah! We've been planning for so long that I was soooo ready to just get it started! I think everything went great...no major screw-ups on my part (that's always nice). I really think the year is going to be a good one, and God has already worked within our steering team, so I really feel that His hand is in it. It's His group, and I am His servant. I know if my attitude is right that He will use me to bring others closer to Him. So, I'm praying that I will serve Him wholeheartedly, and that my pride will not get in the way!
Another major thing that we kicked off this week is City High Volleyball! Craig's been having practices, but his first tournament was last Saturday and the first game tonight. Go City High!
Our church is also starting a Wednesday night Family night this week, so we're excited to see how that goes. We're a little bummed that Jaclyn won't have Cubbies anymore (she really loved it last year), but our church is really trying to promote families learning about God together, so I'm excited to try it. They will have kids programs at the same time they're having a parenting class, and then everyone meets together at the end for some family worship. I'm sure it will be great.
I also thought I would just throw in a picture of Ashlyn on her new bike, complete with a helmet...she needs all the protection she can get!
She looks like such a big girl for only being 2 1/2!
So, the year is definitely now underway. I'll just try to hang on and enjoy the ride.

5 comments:
You're right, she DOES look bigger than 2.5! The church thing sounds like a great idea...let us know how it all goes! It's always the adjustment part that's the hardest.
Wish we were there for MOPS! Hope City won their game lastnight! I love the new bike! Talk to you soon
~Molly
Fitting for your theme this year at MOPS!!!!
Okay, how many more teeth can she knock out from her new bike?? You should have a contest and give a prize for whoever comes up with the closest guess!! Just kidding, wow this one grew up fast!! She is adorable!! Glad MOPS went well, can't wait to hear more details!
Travis
MOPS was great. Really hard to not be a part of leadership this year, but I really enjoyed just setting back and actually getting something out of it. This year will be AWESOME, and your team will put the perfect spin on it!
Go City! & Love the Bike for Ashlyn. My kids are so short, hard to believe my Eva isn't on a bike yet. Maybe we will have to try it. Take care, Love YA -beryl
Post a Comment