With all of the candy we have left over from Halloween, the girls get to pick one piece after dinner each night. Tonight, Jaclyn picked glow-in-the-dark Dots. (Yuck, if you ask me. I can hardly chew those things, they're so sticky!) Anyway, she was quite excited to see them glow and had been waiting to eat them at night for this very reason. So she dumped them all out, conjured up enough courage, and went into the closet by herself to see "the glow". Much to her dismay, she saw nothing. When she came out I said, "Why don't you hold them under the light for a bit and then try again." So, she dutifully held them under the light and said, "they're loading...just like the computer." Once she thought they had had enough load time, she was sure she would see the glow. All 3 of us went into the dark bathroom, only to see...nothing. This went on for several minutes, each time she faithfully held them under the light, only to be disappointed. "I think they need batteries," she said after about the 6th time of trying. So, her special glow in the dark treat ended in disappointment.
Unfortunately, after looking at the box later, I discovered that they're not meant to glow in the dark at all, they're just ghost dots. What fun is that?
+cropped.jpg)

6 comments:
Well what a rip off:) So sorry Jaclyn. Can't wait to see you all!
I, for one, love dots. Love 'em!! Well, only the orange ones!
Did she at least enjoy eating them. I'd be mad I'd be chewing the little ghost head off hehehe
That is certainly less fun than glow in the dark dots. I wouldn't care because they were my fav movie theater treat as a kid! But I can just see her hopefully holding them to the light and returning to the dark to see if it worked and being let down, so sad! I love her computer comment...its amazing to think of things this generation has and knows about that just didn't even exist when we were kids...computers brought a whole new language...loading...still making me giggle! Sorry Jaclyn!
Ha ha, that's SO funny! I like dots, too. Haven't had any in years, though. I think they're good movie candy.
Oh, I feel the letdown too. We went through the same things but the same night of trick-or-treating ... My kids were so bummed, they asked if they could take them back for something else. :)
-b
Post a Comment