Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Latest Project

Well, I wouldn't consider myself a crafty person, in fact I don't get much satisfaction out of doing crafts at all...unless, there's something I love that I decide to copy. I saw these canvases in a Pottery Barn magazine and loved them, but of course, it would've cost over $200 to actually get them in my daughter's room. So, I decided to make them myself, in the middle of the busiest time of the year for me! (I'm not sure what I was thinking...I guess I just got ambitious one Saturday afternoon, coupled with the fact that once I get an idea in my head, I don't like to wait!) So, I poured the hours into it that it required, and they actually don't look that bad!


So, here's the final product in Ashlyn's room, along with a picture of her new bedding (my mom hasn't seen it...isn't it cute?) Oh, I'm glad to have that done!

10 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, it is adorable! Can you come & help me with some stuff too? I mean, while you are ambitious and all... :)

The Grady Five said...

I love it, Deb!!
You did an awesome job!!

Marner Family said...

Wow ... you could start a nice little side business here! Totally just loving it to the point, I might have to copy you! LOL -b

Michelle said...

Good job! Very cute!

The Novotny News said...

I think you are pretty craft Deb! I LOVE IT!!! It looks adorable and the bedding with that little cutie in it is just great!
Thanks for the sweet video and care package! You guys are WONDERFUL. I think of you all daily. Can't wait to see you!

sweetander said...

Love the new blog look and loved the canvases! Usually I'm the one copying you on decorating - glad you liked one of my ideas:) It was really fun hanging out today...

Anonymous said...

Ok you obviously have no idea what it means to be a non-crafty person. I hearby officially kick you out of the club hehehe That was fantastic! I also love the yellow striped wall with the bedding. Great job!

Vicki said...

it's awesome!
and the blog changes look great...fill me in how you did that too!

Prachar family said...

WOW!! Her room looks ADORABLE! Love your project, it had to be difficult to hang them so perfectly in line!
LOVE your blog makeover...how did you do that??
Travis

Deb said...

Hey girls! It took me a long time, but I finally was able to create the background and header using the Photoshop Elements program on my computer. "The cutest blog on the block" tips got me started and then it was kinda trial and error from there. :)