After weeks of planning, I finally pulled off Craig's surprise 40th birthday party, and I am so happy to say that he had no idea! It was his sister, Jill's, idea to have him take her car shopping to get him out of the house for the afternoon, and the plan worked like a charm. He was so preoccupied with finding her a car (he LOVES the search process), that he was really not paying attention to much else. So, even in spite of him catching me two times talking to his friends on the phone (these people don't usually call me), he didn't catch on, much to my surprise. I thought for sure he knew! And, to top it all off, Jaclyn knew for two weeks and didn't say a word! I was sooooo impressed! It was a lot of pressure for a 4 year old, but she didn't spill the beans. What a girl.
Jill called me when they were 5 minutes away, so we all hid in the kitchen. I tried to get Jaclyn to come close to the front, so she could jump out and yell, surprise!, but she had it in her head that the kids needed to hide...
Jill called me when they were 5 minutes away, so we all hid in the kitchen. I tried to get Jaclyn to come close to the front, so she could jump out and yell, surprise!, but she had it in her head that the kids needed to hide...
So, of course, I thought that hiding spot was very cute and definitely blog worthy, so I had to get a picture. And...while I was taking a picture, in walks Craig. So, the actual yelling surprise part didn't go over so well, 'cause I was too busy catching the "moment" for this blog, that I missed the even bigger MOMENT! Oh well....it was still fun. Here are some more pics to capture the event.
I also made a little slideshow tribute to Craig to show at the party. Hope you like it!

6 comments:
Just loving the video! You are so good ... looks like you had a good surprise birthday for him! -b
Way to go - wish we could have been there!! Love the video :)
Tell Pitch...welcome to the 'other' side. It's awesome to have another member in the club!
Great job on the video, Deb! So funny! And my oldest child was born on November 8! Awesome.
Oh for goodness sakes. You are such a creative person. Your paintings for Ashlyn's room, now the video with the greatest song ever. I was smiling through the whole thing!!! It was great. Good job Jaclyn at keeping such a great surprise.
I'm finally catching up on my blog - love the slideshow and the mini-van song! How fitting!
Post a Comment